Brand marketing focuses on creating a unique identity for your company or organization. Building a company brand increases consumers awareness of your reputation and product(s) or services. With a positive brand this makes it easier and more likely for customers to find and consume your products or services.
A well-recognized brand (such as McDonald’s) conveys a certain level of quality and even more importantly a predictable experience. In contrast, using the example of restaurants, a road-side diner named “Joe’s” will leave a traveler uncertain of what to anticipate from the consumer experience.
A company’s ‘brand’ is in essence their market identity. What do they do? Who they are? What level of quality do they provide? What is their reputation? Etc.
We find that these issues are the most frequently discussed in the current website design and development community:
1. Custom versus Template based websites. In a recent post I’ve gone into detail on the pros and cons on both sides of this important issue. You can read the post in full here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/template-websites-vs-custom-websites/
2. Mobile-Friendly websites. Also known as ‘responsive’ websites, these get the highest ranking from Google on smart phone searches. Read the two relevant posts here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/mobile-first-web-design-did-you-know/ and http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/mobile-friendly-website/
3. Keeping your website platform and plugins current. Monthly maintenance for your website may be overkill, but to overlook implementing timely updates can result in a host of problems including the eventual breakdown of some functionality on your website.
4. The appearance of your website can be crucial to keeping new visitors on your website and leading them to take the action you desire. The appearance of your website should be consistent with your overall branding and needs to look current and fresh. Dated designs and color selections, among other things will lead to fewer conversions to visitor action. More here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/websites-as-part-of-larger-marketing-efforts/
5. Updating website functionality. Visitors expect to have a positive and easy experience on your website. They also expect you to have current features and functionality such as an easy to view product samples and galleries.
6. Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This has been a high-ranking issue of discussion for years with no sign of letup. As Google changes its algorithm and shaking up ideas on SEO, it continues to move the field of website design and development into new arenas. Read more on these posts: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/smart-phone-websites/
Traditionally web designer’s turn to client provided and stock photo images. But a new trend is emerging in website design: hand-drawn art and illustrations.
Illustrations offer a uniqueness and human touch to your site design that can’t always be met with photos. Moving forward, a unique design will become increasingly important. Especially as we are now mired in a mass of similar looking copy-cat template based designs.
With drawings produced by a specific illustrator, you can convey your message in a more creative and distinctive manner. When you commission an illustration artist to bring your ideas to life, you’ll be assured of a standout website branded to reflect your unique message. The illustrations can be carried forth into other marketing vehicles to brand your site for a very particular niche. And you will have one-of-a-kind images not found in any stock photo or stock image gallery, or most importantly not any competitors website.
This is your chance to stand out from the crowd and be early to latch onto an emerging trend in website design.
Photos courtesy of Spencer Hallam.