We find that these issues are the most frequently discussed in the current website design and development community:
1. Custom versus Template based websites. In a recent post I’ve gone into detail on the pros and cons on both sides of this important issue. You can read the post in full here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/template-websites-vs-custom-websites/
2. Mobile-Friendly websites. Also known as ‘responsive’ websites, these get the highest ranking from Google on smart phone searches. Read the two relevant posts here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/mobile-first-web-design-did-you-know/ and http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/mobile-friendly-website/
3. Keeping your website platform and plugins current. Monthly maintenance for your website may be overkill, but to overlook implementing timely updates can result in a host of problems including the eventual breakdown of some functionality on your website.
4. The appearance of your website can be crucial to keeping new visitors on your website and leading them to take the action you desire. The appearance of your website should be consistent with your overall branding and needs to look current and fresh. Dated designs and color selections, among other things will lead to fewer conversions to visitor action. More here: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/websites-as-part-of-larger-marketing-efforts/
5. Updating website functionality. Visitors expect to have a positive and easy experience on your website. They also expect you to have current features and functionality such as an easy to view product samples and galleries.
6. Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This has been a high-ranking issue of discussion for years with no sign of letup. As Google changes its algorithm and shaking up ideas on SEO, it continues to move the field of website design and development into new arenas. Read more on these posts: http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/smart-phone-websites/