It’s now been established that in Google search results your website ranking will be penalized if it is not mobile friendly. As a result, many businesses have updated their website to meet this SEO requirement.
In the process of converting to a mobile-friendly website, some additional aspects of website design have changed.
One often suggested change is to eliminate multiple rotating banner images in favor of just one image/photo. This trend to a single image is fueled by the need for mobile sites to load as quickly as possible.
But, you can have the best of both worlds. With a little smart coding a site can be programmed to have multiple rotating images on the desktop view and be limited to a single static image on the mobile view.
Read more about responsive mobile friendly websites here.
Within 2 months of kick-off, SoCal WebWork recently completed and launched the new custom website for the Orange Empire Railway Museum.
Key features include a new contemporary mobile friendly website design, interactive events calendar, content management system, optimized content and meta tags for organic SEO and a WYSIWYG administrative panel.
The extensive website includes catalogues of all railway, railroad and electric trains and locomotives: information and forms for membership, volunteers and donations; news and videos and much more.
Now that Google has determined that websites will be penalized in search results if they are not mobile friendly, every smart business is rushing re-do their website to meet these requirement.
In the process, many aspects of website design have changed.
Once such often suggested change is to eliminate rotating banner images in favor of just one banner image/photo. The current trend to a single image is fueled by the need for mobile sites to load as quickly as possible. But, you can have the best of both worlds. With a little coding a site can be programmed to have multiple Rotating Images on the desktop view and be limited to a single static image on the mobile view.
With the new google SEO algorithm two definite factors emerge as essential to high website rankings.
First, websites should be built to be ‘responsive’ also known as ‘mobile friendly’. If your website is not mobile friendly it will actually be penalized on smartphone searches and show lower in those search returns. Given the continued increase in use of smartphones to search the Internet and even make purchases, it is essential for the livelihood of your business to make sure your website is ‘responsive’. If it is not, then it’s time to have your website redone to meet this critical requirement.
Second, is how important on-page content (verbiage) now is for positive google recognition. (more…)
1. Responsive scaling – Your site must be programmed so it scales to be easily viewed on any internet access device – from desktop computers to smartphones. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/responsive-websites/
2. On-Site Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Every page needs to be optimized both on the page and in the source code. Consider the Page Title, Keywords, Description, H1 & H2 Headers, sufficient iterations of Keywords, Links within the site will draw the viewer and search engines in deeper to your content and Keyword Rich Content. http://www.socalwebworx.com/
3. A ‘back-end’ user friendly administrative interface for easy text and image revisions in-house.
4. ‘Sticky Features’ (such as newsletter sign-ups and discounts) will encourage visitors to interact with your website, stay on the site longer and view more pages – all increasing the odds of a follow through on your call to action. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/website-design-planning-make-it-sticky/
5. Designed and developed for a user friendly experience. One example is the choice of text & background colors. As an example: black text on a light background is easier on the eyes than white lettering on a black background. User-friendly websites have easy to find and use navigation and should include a sitemap.
6. Go with professionals, including a custom website designer to reinforce your unique services/products; professional photographs – look your best!; a professional marketing copywriter for benefits oriented wording that effectively sells your company; programmers who can execute your site feature requirements. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/what-is-product-photography/
Follow these guidelines and you will be on your way to a productive website that is easily found on the internet.