A frequently asked question is “How Do I Add a Link To My Post? The process is actually very simple.
1. Open the post.
2. Place your cursor at the desire location within the post. Or, if you want to link specific text, highlight that text with your cursor.
3. Click on the “Link” icon* which will open a dialog box. Paste or type the URL in the designated box and press the return button.
* Note: Beside the Add Link button is a Remove Link button.
More on WordPress and blogging.
Google and some other search engines decide on an individual website basis whether or not to display the page title and description you have provided.
They will often create and display their own rendition based on the textual content of the page. You can only influence the search engines, but you cannot force search engines to display your SEO page title nor the SEO description. Non-the-less you should not ignore the SEO title and SEO description. You should still fill in these fields, as search engines interpret that these posts are more thorough and of higher value as a result.
And while you are at it don’t forget to choose keyword appropriate ‘Categories” and ‘Tags’ and fill in the ‘Excerpt’ field for each post.
One important feature of WordPress blogs is allowing you to accept comments on your blog posts.
Allowing comments can be great as it creates more links to your blog and website which can improve your SEO rankings. Unfortunately, it also allows robots and spammers to post on your website. But, you may not always be pleased with the self-promotions and spam your posts receive.
Follow these steps to easily moderate comments and trackbacks and to disable these functions if desired.
1. Log into your WordPress administrative panel with your username and password.
2. From the “Dashboard” select “Settings: Discussion”. (You will see the window displayed below.
3. Under “Default Article Settings” is a checkbox where you can allow or deny permission for people to post comments.
If you choose to permit comments, the controls further down the page will allow you to control who can add comments and to blacklist spam IP addresses.
You can also set how long a post will allow comments and other useful controls.
Most important, and often overlooked – You must Save your changes – per the blue button in the lower left section of the dashboard.
Comments Off on How Do I Turn Off WordPress Blog Commenting?