It’s now been established that in Google search results your website ranking will be penalized if it is not mobile friendly. As a result, many businesses have updated their website to meet this SEO requirement.
In the process of converting to a mobile-friendly website, some additional aspects of website design have changed.
One often suggested change is to eliminate multiple rotating banner images in favor of just one image/photo. This trend to a single image is fueled by the need for mobile sites to load as quickly as possible.
But, you can have the best of both worlds. With a little smart coding a site can be programmed to have multiple rotating images on the desktop view and be limited to a single static image on the mobile view.
Read more about responsive mobile friendly websites here.
Google and some other search engines decide on an individual website basis whether or not to display the page title and description you have provided.
They will often create and display their own rendition based on the textual content of the page. You can only influence the search engines, but you cannot force search engines to display your SEO page title nor the SEO description. Non-the-less you should not ignore the SEO title and SEO description. You should still fill in these fields, as search engines interpret that these posts are more thorough and of higher value as a result.
And while you are at it don’t forget to choose keyword appropriate ‘Categories” and ‘Tags’ and fill in the ‘Excerpt’ field for each post.
The idea of a website as a static never changing marketing tool has evolved.
Your website in contemporary terms is better looked upon as an ever changing always growing marketing device. There are several reasons for this shift in attitude:
1. People who come to your site more than once or even on a recurring basis will be attracted to stay on the site longer and view your company as more vital if there is frequently added new content. New content development is key.
2. Google’s SEO change of evaluating your website and its content has placed far more significance on the website verbiage and images and therefore adding relevant and original new content is more important than ever.
3. Your website platform and programs used in the coding are being updated every day. To prevent eventual website breakdowns, website security breaches and malfunctions, vulnerability to malware and to be viewable on all browsers and devices it is critical to stay on top of the software and plug-in updates.
4. Lastly, on-site organic search engine engine is most effective when executed as an ongoing effort. Slow and steady is much more effective than sporadic efforts to increase your Page Rank Authority and Website Authority.
Construction is underway with an updated new design by SCWW for the Orange Empire Railway Museum.
Some of the key features of the new 160+ page custom website include mobile friendly ‘responsiveness’, intuitive navigation, organic SEO, events calendars, sign-up forms for volunteers and donators, with light-box galleries for photos and videos. The website will be editable by the client from a user-friendly WYSIWG administrative panel saving the museum time and money on frequent event and activities updates.
Comments Off on SoCal WebWorx is Awarded Museum Website Project
The ongoing development and addition of new, original, keyword relevant content to your website is imperative for achieving and maintaining high Google search engine rankings.
According to current Google criteria for ranking websites two factors are critical. One is that your site is ‘Mobile Device Friendly’ and the second which we will address here is that ‘Content is King’.
Why is Content Development so important? There are several key factors:
- As mentioned, Google ranks sites higher if there is a constant flow of new relevant information. Sites that rarely update or add new content are rated as less vital and active with consequentially less benefit for visitors. New relevant content is interpreted as an indicator of a vital website. Because developing and posting new content on a frequent basis is time consuming and involves specific SEO techniques, many website owners turn to a professional content development specialist.
- New content is important for maintaining the interest of returning visitors. People will stay on your website longer and view more pages if they notice new content when they return to your website. This could be new products or services, but could also be new examples, properly ‘tagged’ photos and special pricing offers. New content peaks people’s curiosity and presents your company as vital and valuable.
A few tips on adding content to your website: (more…)