The idea of a website as a static never changing marketing tool has evolved.
Your website in contemporary terms is better looked upon as an ever changing always growing marketing device. There are several reasons for this shift in attitude:
1. People who come to your site more than once or even on a recurring basis will be attracted to stay on the site longer and view your company as more vital if there is frequently added new content. New content development is key.
2. Google’s SEO change of evaluating your website and its content has placed far more significance on the website verbiage and images and therefore adding relevant and original new content is more important than ever.
3. Your website platform and programs used in the coding are being updated every day. To prevent eventual website breakdowns, website security breaches and malfunctions, vulnerability to malware and to be viewable on all browsers and devices it is critical to stay on top of the software and plug-in updates.
4. Lastly, on-site organic search engine engine is most effective when executed as an ongoing effort. Slow and steady is much more effective than sporadic efforts to increase your Page Rank Authority and Website Authority.
The ongoing development and addition of new, original, keyword relevant content to your website is imperative for achieving and maintaining high Google search engine rankings.
According to current Google criteria for ranking websites two factors are critical. One is that your site is ‘Mobile Device Friendly’ and the second which we will address here is that ‘Content is King’.
Why is Content Development so important? There are several key factors:
- As mentioned, Google ranks sites higher if there is a constant flow of new relevant information. Sites that rarely update or add new content are rated as less vital and active with consequentially less benefit for visitors. New relevant content is interpreted as an indicator of a vital website. Because developing and posting new content on a frequent basis is time consuming and involves specific SEO techniques, many website owners turn to a professional content development specialist.
- New content is important for maintaining the interest of returning visitors. People will stay on your website longer and view more pages if they notice new content when they return to your website. This could be new products or services, but could also be new examples, properly ‘tagged’ photos and special pricing offers. New content peaks people’s curiosity and presents your company as vital and valuable.
A few tips on adding content to your website: (more…)
Basically this questions could be reworded as: “What are the tasks needed to effectively bring a new website from concept to completion?”
As it turns out theses steps are numerous and take time and collaboration between client and the development team which generally consists of a graphic designer, an SEO specialist, a programmer and ideally a content developer/verbiage editor. In some cases one individual will wear several hats and perform more than one of these tasks offering you a lower price. But in our experience we’ve found that most people are stronger in one skill than another and a team approach gets the best results.
With the new google SEO algorithm two definite factors emerge as essential to high website rankings.
First, websites should be built to be ‘responsive’ also known as ‘mobile friendly’. If your website is not mobile friendly it will actually be penalized on smartphone searches and show lower in those search returns. Given the continued increase in use of smartphones to search the Internet and even make purchases, it is essential for the livelihood of your business to make sure your website is ‘responsive’. If it is not, then it’s time to have your website redone to meet this critical requirement.
Second, is how important on-page content (verbiage) now is for positive google recognition. (more…)