1. Responsive scaling – Your site must be programmed so it scales to be easily viewed on any internet access device – from desktop computers to smartphones. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/category/responsive-websites/
2. On-Site Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Every page needs to be optimized both on the page and in the source code. Consider the Page Title, Keywords, Description, H1 & H2 Headers, sufficient iterations of Keywords, Links within the site will draw the viewer and search engines in deeper to your content and Keyword Rich Content. http://www.socalwebworx.com/
3. A ‘back-end’ user friendly administrative interface for easy text and image revisions in-house.
4. ‘Sticky Features’ (such as newsletter sign-ups and discounts) will encourage visitors to interact with your website, stay on the site longer and view more pages – all increasing the odds of a follow through on your call to action. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/website-design-planning-make-it-sticky/
5. Designed and developed for a user friendly experience. One example is the choice of text & background colors. As an example: black text on a light background is easier on the eyes than white lettering on a black background. User-friendly websites have easy to find and use navigation and should include a sitemap.
6. Go with professionals, including a custom website designer to reinforce your unique services/products; professional photographs – look your best!; a professional marketing copywriter for benefits oriented wording that effectively sells your company; programmers who can execute your site feature requirements. http://socalwebworx.sanclementedev.com/wordpress/what-is-product-photography/
Follow these guidelines and you will be on your way to a productive website that is easily found on the internet.